Saturday, March 24, 2012

Column 3 row 1

To help me understand the story more, I would read five to seven pages and summarize what I have read in my reading journal. When I have read five pages I would write down what I have read because it helps me to remember what I have read. I sometimes forget what I have read if I read too much and do not write it down. When I summarize I use questioning so that I can summarize the story better. For example: in the story of “Diary of Wimpy Kid- Rodrick Rules,” I would ask “what happen to Greg in this scene?” or “how will Greg solve the problem in the next scene?” There was this one scene when Greg was scared of Rowley because Rowley got the job to be a nurse in school and Rowley got to hang out with a lot of girls that have the same job chart. Greg was scared that Rowley would tell all the girls about his second embarrassing moment in life. He solved this problem by coming up with a plan to read Rowley’s Diary, but it was locked. He thought of a plan by buying the same diary and using the key of it to open Rowley’s diary. Greg’s plan worked.  When Greg read Rowley’s diary, Greg found out that there was nothing to be worried about. Summarizing what I have read after five to seven pages really helps me to understand the story better. I think it’s the best strategy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment